* Autoantigens of the Golgi complex, endosomes, GW/Processing Bodies, p80 coilin, M-phase phosphoprotein 1 (MPP1).
* Purification and characterization of intracellular antigens that react with sera of patients with autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases on pathway to diagnostic assay development.
* Autoantibodies and other biomarkers in patients with idiopathic ataxia, chronic inflammatory demyelinating neuropathy, PANDAS/PANS, interstitial lung disease.
* The role of environmental xenobiotics in the induction and perpetuation of autoimmunity with Dr. Sasha Bernatsky (McGill University) and Dr. Jean Pfau (Montana State University).
* Clinical subsets in SLE with Dr. Ann Clarke and investigators of the SLE International Cooperating Clinics (SLICC)
* New diagnostic technologies with application to detection of autoantibodies and autoantigens in biological fluids:
- Bead-Based Diagnostics Technologies: Luminex, Bio Flash
- Lateral Flow and other Point of Care Technologies
Member of Team Grants:
- Canadian Scleroderma Research Group (CSRG)
- Canadian Inflammatory Myopathy Study Group (CIMS)
- UCAN CANDU and UCAN Cure:
Canada-Netherlands study of Juvenile Arthritis: CIHR, Genome Canada, Genome Alberta